Clips from internet dialogs, response to current events, general silliness...This Pittsburgh emigrate embraces the Chocolate City by un-embracing the partisan couture du norm with a dose of hometown flavor.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And a good morning to you sir

Honestly, I have one of the better office views in Pittsburgh. Especially so with the U.S. flag in perfect view.
Walk around to another office and PNC park is in perfect view, *almost.*  There's not much that would make me want to leave this city except for my lovely lady and the availability of policy research jobs.  Well, I miss a lot of good music here too, oh and the bus line is entirely too expensive, and ...

Haha, the point I want to make this morning is how we deal with where we live.  I was inspired by...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/30/vermont.town.flooding/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

A VT town surrounded entirely by water due to Irene.  Small town (465 pop.) for sure, these people are taking a very un-katrina like approach to disaster management.  They had a bbq!  This is not to say that there is much to compare with this tiny town, and the devastation Katrina caused to New Orleans, I just respect positive attitudes.  Its been days since assistance has arrived and Kanye West hasn't declared that President Obama hates white people.  Eh, negative people, who gets them?

Speaking of Kanye, this new album by him and Jay is rediculous.  Gonna be on repeat for a week at least.
Big interview today.  Hopefully I won't be asked any open-ended questions.  They will earn their own post sooner or later...

For now I have to get to my linkedin creeping.  Which brings me to my last point...Can I get a recommendation?


econisforwinners.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment